Healthy Holiday Cranberry Sauce
- 1 cup xylitol or stevia
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups (1 12-oz package) fresh or frozen cranberries
- Place the cranberries in a colander and rinse them. Pick out and discard any damaged or bruised cranberries.
- Put the water and xylitol or stevia in a medium saucepan on high heat and bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve the xylitol or stevia.
- Add the cranberries to the pot and return to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the cranberries have burst.
- Once the cranberries have burst you can leave the cranberry sauce as is, or dress it up with other ingredients.
- Remove the pot from heat. Let cool completely at room temperature, then transfer to a bowl to chill in the refrigerator. Note: that the cranberry sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.