Christmas Cranberry Cheese Ball
- 8 oz. goat cheese or cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 oz. sharp white cheddar, shredded
- 1 Tbs. organic milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 5 oz. bag dried cranberries (about 1 ½ cups)
- Mix goat cheese or cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add Cheddar, milk, salt and pecans then continue mixing until well combined.
- Line a small round bowl with plastic wrap then spoon cheese mixture into bowl. Press cheese firmly into bowl. Bring plastic up and over the top of cheese and gather to shape cheese into a ball. Seal ball with more plastic if necessary to completely cover then refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Once it firms up you will be able to easily shape it into a perfect ball.
- When ready to serve, arrange rosemary sprigs on a serving plate; set aside. Pour cranberries onto a pie plate; set aside
- Remove cheese ball (in plastic) from the bowl. Keeping cheese ball wrapped in plastic, use hands to shape into a ball. When the cheese ball is perfectly round, roll in cranberries then set on rosemary sprigs. All of the cranberries won’t stick you roll the cheese ball in them. That’s OK. Just piece them on until the cheese ball is nicely covered.
- Serve with assorted crackers or celery